Voting

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's Thanksgiving number 2....

Wow! I can't believe I/we are going through this again already. The first time around it was all about just getting through and trying to find new traditions. This year, it is all about getting through and trying to find new traditions. I don't know if I thought it was going to get better or easier, but I seem to have the same feelings just less tears. I know the task that is set before me. I am not in denial. I know what use to be. I know how good I had it. I am just choosing to press on and find the good. If I choose to focus on the bad I WILL CRUMBLE!!! So, I am having to change my focus.
I am very thankful that the Lord allowed me to have Scott for the time that I did. I will forever cherish the times that we had. I will never forget the times of wrestling and laughing till we both would have tears in our eyes. I will always and forever cherish the times he would make me blush. He would always be cheesy loving to me in public. He always showed me his love. I am so thankful that I have NO question in my mind that we were in love. I have no question that he and I had something very special. Our love was committed for life. I am thankful that we took the time to nightly tell each other how we felt towards one another. I know I was his hottie :) . I AM SO THANKFUL THAT I HAVE NO REGRETS IN MY MARRIAGE. That doesn't mean that mistakes were not made. But it does mean that our love shined a lot brighter than our disputes. Thank you Jesus!!!
I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed me with all of my kids. I am not sure what his plan is, but I am in it for the long haul. I try to cherish the small things that my kids do. Connor is extremely thoughtful. He tries to be like his daddy. He will bring me special gifts from the gas station, just like he saw Scott do for me. Caiden is all about telling me how much he loves me. He loves to hold my hand in the car like Scott would do. Those two boys are going to make amazing husbands one day!!! Grace loves to perform for me. She likes to show me all of the things she can do. She loves for me to read the bible and pray for her. Coltin is a mess. There is never a dull moment when he is in the room. He loves to be the life of the party. Just like his dad!!! Christian is all about his mommy. I am trying to find the joy in that and realize that soon it will be gone. I love that he loves me so much. So many blessings wrapped into 5 amazingly strong kids!!!! That is a blessing in itself. I am very blessed to have a great family. To have parents and a brother that are willing to step up to the plate is amazing. I have the best friends that a girl could have. I have friends all over praying for me and my kids. That is the greatest blessing of all. Thank you Jesus!!!!
I am blessed to have a house, car, a church and money to buy food. You see these are just a few of the many blessings that I have in my life. I am so thankful that I am not focusing on the negative facts in my life. I don't know where I am going or even where I am headed, but I do know that I have a savior that does. I am very thankful that he is watching out for me and loving me unconditionally. We choose to be thankful and to find the good in life. With all of that said, have a great Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment