Voting

Monday, November 16, 2009

Am I willing to be molded?

Tonight all of the kids were in bed, and I was doing my devotions. I was reading in Jeremiah 18. I tried to skip over it just because I have read it so many times. But there was something in me that felt like I needed to read it. So here it goes, this is what I got out of it.

In Jer. 18 1-6 it is talking about how the Lord told Jeremiah to go to the potter's house to receive a message. vs 4 "But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him."
vs 5 "Then the word of the Lord came to me. vs 6 O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does? Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand."

Just as Israel is to be in the hands of the Lord so are we. When we are in the hands of the Lord, it doesn't mean that we are going to have it all good. The potter crushed what the clay use to be. He marred it with his hands. Marred clay is messy, wet and dirty. It isn't formed and pretty. It looks like ugly mud. Not appealing!
The question is; Are we willing to let the Lord form us? Are we willing to give him are all to be molded? If so are we prepared to be marred in the hands of the Lord? Are we prepared to have our old lives crushed, just as the original pottery was? Being marred in the hands of the Lord is not going to be glamorous. It may not even feel good. It just might hurt. Being molded into something new is going to be work. But it is the end product that counts. The end result with the potter is an amazing new creation. Something that is useable.

I feel like I am in the "marring" stage in life. I am being reformed. It isn't fun and it hurts deeply. But, I do know that in the end my new shape is going to be amazing. Something that God can use. And when God builds something with his own hands, I believe it can't be broken!!!

1 comment:

  1. whenever I'm ready to say "screw it" about something trival I see something from you ... like confidence & strength in the Lord & I'm redirected into pressing on.

    you're beyond inspiration Cori Jett. you're chosen. you're a beautiful design of God's creative genius.

    xoxo ~ autumn.

    ReplyDelete