Voting

Saturday, January 16, 2010

There is freedom for believers.

Though I am about to state that there is freedom in Christianity, there is also laziness.

In 1Corinthians 10:23-33
:23 "Everything is permissible- but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible-but not everything is constructive." NIV
:23 Looking at it on way, you could say, "Anything goes. Because of God's immense generosity and grace, we don't have to dissect and scrutinize every action to see if it will pass muster" But the point is not to just get by. We want to live well but our foremost efforts should be to help other live well. The Message

I do believe that there is freedom in our christian walk. I think that is why God gave us his grace. Romans 3:23-24 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. 24 and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."
Romans 6:1-2 "What shall we say then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We died to sin how can we live in it any longer."

I think that to many christians are justifying their walk under God's grace. I think it is important to state that living on the edge is not going to get you into the kingdom. Rev. 3:16 "So, because you are lukewarm neither hot nor cold I am about to spit you our of my mouth."
God doesn't want us to live on the edge of our christian walk. We would like us to "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith" Heb. 12:1-2a. We need to set every hinderance aside. Not only for our own good, but for the good of others. 1 Cor. 10:32a "Do not cause anyone to stumble".

"But except for these special cases. I'm not going to walk around on eggshells worrying about what small-minded people might say. I'm going to stride free and easy, knowing what our large minded Master has already said." 1 Cor. 10:31 The Message.
I liked this version. I think as we walk out our faith we need to be aware of those around us. Not condemned by them. "Work out your salvation with fear and trembling." But, as we walk this christian life we should be like Paul in 1Cor. 10:33- 11:1 "For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that thy may be saved. Follow my example as I follow the example of Christ."

One more thing. I do not believe we are going to see God's miracles until we set aside everything that hinders us. I believe that when we start living a sacrificial Christian walk we will then see the miracles of God. We will be ready and prepared for what and when God calls us to action.

No comments:

Post a Comment