Voting

Friday, January 8, 2010

I was preaching to myself in the car...

Is our relationship with the Lord strong enough to with stand tragedy? I have had to come to grips with my relationship. I don't know the answers to the whys and how comes, or even the what. But I do know that God is still God. He is still faithful and amazing. It is time that we take a look at our relationship with the Lord. Are we serving God because of what he does or is doing for us? Or are we serving God because of what he did? He sent his son to die on the cross. A brutal death! We as christians have offered God to people in a way that is all good. It is all about what he is going to do for us if we believe. We tend to present the cross, and jump over it as well. And we are wondering why people are leaving and turning their back on God when tragedy or difficult times strike. I believe it is because we are serving God for what he is doing for our current state. Not for what he has done. We are making christianity about our comfort and not about his kingdom. We forget that God has a plan that is bigger than what we can see. He loves us and is there for us to lean on. We have to trust in him and know that we know HE IS IN CONTROL. Are we truly surrendering to God everything in our lives? Are we prepared to surrender it all in the midst of our trials? One day we will hear "Well done my good and faithful servant" or " depart from me for I never knew you"! I do believe it is about the relationship that gets us to heaven. Are we doing all of the talking and no listening? Are we prepared to hear what he is saying to us? It is time that we look at our relationship with the Lord!!!

1 comment: