Voting

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christ's Birth

As I went to bed last night a thought went through my head. Here it goes.....

I was thinking about the birth of Jesus. I was wondering about questions that I knew the answer to. But, I asked them anyways. Did God consult Jesus about the task at hand, before he was born? Did God give Jesus the chance to say " I don't want to do this!"? I know the answer is no! However, I was thinking about his life. I believe that Jesus questioned God and his plans. We also see that he still stayed faithful. He took his life and made it a servanthood. He made a mark everywhere that he went. Where am I going with all of this? I found all of this somewhat comforting to think about. We don't have the choice whether or not we are born into this world. But God does give us the question "Do you want to do this?". We don't get consulted about the task at hand. We do get asked "Do you trust me with the plans that I have for you?". We do have the choice to trust and follow or to deny and run. Are we willing, no matter what comes our way to stay faithful? I don't believe that Jesus' life was a cake walk. Why is it that we think this life should or would be any different?

I know this sounds crazy. I am okay with that hahaha. But, for some reason knowing that God had a perfect plan for Jesus is comforting. God tells us the same thing. "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 I have always stopped at that verse but, if you go to the next verse it sums it up. "THEN you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all you heart. I will be found" Jer. 29:12-14a. When we trust and follow, that is when we will find the Lord. He never said this life/task would be easy. He did say that He would never leave us nor forsake us.

Food for thought. Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment