Voting

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Our Sacrifices have to cost us something :)

2 Samuel 24:24 "I will not sacrifice to the Lord my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing."

I am not sure where you are, or what you are going through.... I know that I am like David.  I have been asked to do something that is extremely hard.  Something that is costing ME!  I am having to sacrifice.  I am having to trust! I am having to believe in the end God is going to work it all out!  When we walk the Christian life, we expect it to be all white. AKA Perfect.  It is far from that.  We want everything to be in our corner, for us.  Then when it costs us something, we want to back out.  We want to say that it can't be the Lord; it's not all put together.  Forgetting that the Lord wants us to TRUST in Him!  
The reality of Christianity is, that we should be living in the black, not the white.  When we can't see where or what we are going through, WE HAVE TO TRUST in HIM!  It looks scary.  It seems overwhelming.  And it just might take our breath away and make us SACRIFICE, all for HIS glory. 
I don't know who or what God is asking you to sacrifice... But I do know, if He has asked you to do it.... He will provide! All your needs! No matter what they are.  
Malachi 1:13 "And you say, 'What a burden! and you niff at it contemptuously, says the Lord Almighty. When you bring injured, crippled or diseased animals and offer them as sacrifices, should I accept them from your hands? says the Lord."
God doesn't want a sacrifice that comes easy! He wants it to cost us something! The "sacrifice" that comes easy isn't a sacrifice at all!  
Malachi 1:14 "Cursed is the cheat who has an acceptable male in his flock and vows to give it, but then sacrifices a blemished animal to the Lord."
No God doesn't call us to sacrifice animals anymore (thank goodness).  However, He does call us to sacrifice.  
At the end of 2 Samuel 24 God blesses David for his true sacrifices that he made.  Just like God has blessed David, I know God is going to bless us for our sacrifices that we are having to make now! 
EVERYTHING GOD DOES HAS A PURPOSE! AND A PLAN! ALL FOR HIS KINGDOM!!!


That my friend is a Good God!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment